Home Forums General Discussion What is the best lube to use?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Walt
    Participant

Any recommendations on the best lube to use. I have been using ID (which comes with the machine). If I use my Venus once a day for 3 or 4 days straight, my dick almost gets sore and I am not able to play for a couple of days. Wondering if this was an issue for anyone else and perhaps recommend an alternative.

Ian
    Participant

After about 10 years of having a Venus I am yet to find anything better than ID Glide, I have tried many different lubes and still occasionally experiment but always go back to the ID.

L
    Participant

J-lube is my main lube now, I can mix it to the consistency I like and it is very economical. Use lots of lube and you can enjoy many sessions without any soreness.

pkaragas
    Participant

The trick I’ve found for not wearing myself raw is to thoroughly rub olive oil on my penis, work it in for several minutes, then use plenty of water based ID Glide in the latex tube. I can run for an hour and a half without any effect. I used to always get raw with just the ID Glide by itself on extended high speed runs. Doesn’t hurt the latex either.

montoya143
    Participant

The consensus of opinion use to be that any non water based lube would deteriorate the rubber liner material more quickly, so it was not recommended to use olive oil, mineral oil, baby oil, etc, even silicone lubes. For the most part I’ve stuck with ID Glide and agree with everyone else it is about the best. But there have been occasions that I have used oil based or silicone based and I think if you wash out the liner afterwards any deteriorating effects of the non water based products is minimal. No matter what you do your liners will eventually wear out and need replacing, but they last a long time.

I always try not to overdo it with lube however as too much lube inevitably leads to the plugging up of the end cap valve. Also I have found that limiting lube creates a more “tactile” or mildly abrasive feeling that is more stimulating than sloshing around in a sea of lube. I like my liner to mildly “grip” the skin of my penis and actually move the skin up and down, not just slide over it as too much lube will cause to occur. It is a delicate balance to get just the right amount.

Lately I have been diluting my ID Glide with about 10% water and find that the slightly less viscous lube allows me to use less and create the more tactile feeling I like. I also seems to reduce valve plugging a bit. The type and amount of lube you use has an huge impact on how your Venus feels and performs.

BarryB
    Participant

i discovered a handy trick as the ID lube dries out during use, simply spray a mist of water onto the exposed base of the shaft it rehydrates the lube restoring the slickness again and avoids the accumulation of excess lube which ends up plugging the valave cap use a small mister bottle of any kind

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.