Skip to main content

Home Forums Advanced Users My Machine Is Not as Fast as Others – Why?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I also posted this in “Ask Karen” section, but I have a feeling I might have better luck here.

So I have had my Venus for a few years now and I love it. I recently watched a few videos of other Venus machines in action and one thing I did notice is that a couple of these machines seemed SO FAST ; like twice as fast as mine! (The videos were not sped up either)

So, my question is…. are the newer machines faster for some reason? If not, what is wrong with my Venus? ?

I have tried different endcaps, shorter hose… nothing helps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No clue on other machines Bill but cranked up to full speed mine is just a blur, which I don’t find enjoyable at all. I like to run it real slow, sometimes to the point of concern of overheating the motor. My machines is about 3 years old with a lot of long uses during the winter when I have time on my hands.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I LOVE it fast and to know that mine is slower than all the others… makes me really sad… 🙁 🙁

George P
    Participant

Make sure you are not using the 220V setup with 120V. Did that accidentally and it was doing exactly what you are talking about. About half the speed. Just use a regular 120V cord and NOT the 220V adapter cord that comes with your machine.

Michael
    Participant

I had this problem of only running half speed after a couple years of use.
    A new control board did NOT fix it.
    The motor was the problem.

montoya143
    Participant

The very earliest models of the V2000 used a motor with a different gear ratio from what is used today. Mainly though this affected ability to run at very slow speeds. I bought one of the first Venus 2000 machines and recall switching to the new motor a few years later. It made possible a much broader range of speeds. It’s possible you have an older motor. Whatever, I agree with previous poster, it’s probably caused by the motor itself. It can be switched out easily.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Advanced Users’ is closed to new topics and replies.