Skip to main content

Home Forums Advanced Users DIY TEXTURED LINER Reply To: DIY TEXTURED LINER

Scott Cruickshank
Participant

Let me know how that stuff works out Walt. I’m very interested in hearing how long it lasts. Nothing I’ve tried has worked so far any longer than a few minutes. I heard that Locktite has a new rubber glue that’s high stretch, high adhesion. Problem is that it’s like 50 dollars for the tiny little half ounce tube. Must be made with powdered gold dust or unicorn piss or something. I just can’t bring myself to blow 50 on a half ounce of something I don’t know will work.

I do have an idea I’ve been kicking around in case that stuff doesn’t hold. Punch a series of small round holes in the center of the liner and put a dab over the holes, making sure they’re overlapping the sides of the hole. When that dries turn the liner inside out and do the same to the other side. The idea is to make something of a silicone rivet that seals the hole and can’t be pulled through from either side, if you can picture it. Then it shouldn’t matter too much if it sticks to the rubber or not. The oversized rivet head will stay in place and suction pressure should seal the holes tight on both strokes, kind of like a reed valve.