Skip to main content

Home Forums Advanced Users Venus 2000 internal mods.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Geert
    Participant

Hi, I have been a Venus 2000 user for about 7 years now. What irritated me at first was the ever increasing noises the unit made. So I opened up the unit and found that there was brass powder under the diaphragm showing wear and tear of the brass nut in the diaphragm.
    The diaphragm acts as a loudspeaker for any sudden movements of the pushrod, especially if these are in the audible frequency spectrum. So to make the Venus 2000 nice and quiet, it is important to cancel any play caused by wear and tear of the components connected to the pushrod.
    First of all, the wear and tear of the brass nut in the diaphragm needed to be taken care of because of the softness of brass, this would have resulted in a catastrophic failure of the diaphragm.
    As a countermeasure, I unscrewed the nylon bushing from the round dish on the motor, and added a nut to the pushrod. Then I screwed the pushrod as far as possible into the diaphragm, applied some nail polish to the wire on the pushrod and then tightened the nut. This resulted in a much better stability of the construction, all play was cancelled and there was much less noise produced when I used the Venus 2000.
    Later, the nylon bushing was worn out and so there was again play on the system causing the pushrod again to make jolting movements that were in the audible frequency spectrum, and thus were amplified by the diaphragm.
    I read the user instructions that said that this nylon bushing could wear out and needed to be checked every 50 hours!!!
    Now that is something I didn’t want so I thought of a much better way to set up this whole system.
    I bought a maintenance free bearing and a block of aluminium and started in the tool shed to make a solution for this. (total costs about 15 Euro!). I made a housing for the bearing that fits nicely around the bearing I bought. I used the original screw and added a washer of 2 mm thick between the bearing and the round disc. I shortened the pushrod to get rid of the round end with the nylon bushing. Drilled a hole in the aluminium and tapped screw wire for a bolt to hold the pushrod in place. This took care of all problems.
    It was amazing how this measure took care of the noise! At low speed you can hardly hear my Venus 2000 !
    My Venus 2000 was running for 6 years this way without any maintenance needed. Recently I had to buy new rubber hoses and a new diaphragm because these parts were worn out, which is normal after so many years.
    I would like to add a picture and a video clip of these mods to add to this post. It seems I need to put these items online and then post the URL here??? If anyone is interested to help me here… welcome.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Venus 2000 internal mods.’ is closed to new replies.