Skip to main content

Home Forums Trouble Shooting Two questions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sightfuleyes
    Participant

My first problem stems from that my receiver keeps getting air inside and will work its way off. I have checked the hoses and receiver and have come to guess that the problem lay with the caps, more specifically the ball in the caps. Any tips to resolve this problem would be appreciated.

My second problem is how to access the flywheel and change the stroke length? I have removed the casing only to find the control assemble is mounted to the internal wall of the casing and the angle is such that I cannot get any tools in to move the screws. Again, any tips would be appreciated.

VENUSJUDGE666
    Participant

IF IT IS GETTING AIR IN IT FIND THE LEAK . AS FOR ADJUSTING IT IS REALLY EASY . YOU REMOVE THE PLASTIC COVER AND ON THE WHEEL OFF THE GEAR MOTOR YOU REMOVE THE SHOULDER BOLT AND PUT IN ANOTHER HOLE . I LIKE THE 3 SETTING WHICH ISN;T TOO MUCH AND IT IS LIKE IT ISN’T ENOUGH PLUS THE LARGER SETTINGS ARE ALITTLE HARDER ON THE DIAPHRAM CAUSE IT DOES MOVE IT FURTHER IN AND OUT . CLOSER TO THE GEARMOTOR SHAFT HAS LESS MOVEMENT AND ALL THE WAY OUT TOWARDS THE EDGE HAS MAX MOVEMENT . THERE ARE 5 SETTINGS ALTOGETHER .

zimbobee
    Participant

I’m having a similar problem with the receiver working its way off!
    I simply can’t get it to sit all the way down my shaft, only about half way, then it works its way up and off again!
    Any assistance or tips to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Walt
    Participant

I had a similar problem, I had to get a larger receiver. The 2.00 would not stay on. I increased to the 2.50 size and it works great. The receiver took my shaft all the way to the base, and does not work its way off. It really holds tight. Perhaps you need to consider a larger sized receiver. I thought I would get less grip, but boy was I wrong. and I like the feel of having my whole shaft inside and not worrying about it popping off.

SybianMaker
    Participant

Here are my tips on changing the disk setting on the Venus.

The cover will move over far enough to reach all disk positions. One key is to tuck the edge of the cover underneath the corner of the metal frame. Another helpful tip is to slowly jog the motor so the disk stops in the 9:00 position (this is where the diaphragm has completely “exhaled”).

SybianMaker
    Participant

Be careful not to change disk settings more than one up or one down from you original setting. If you feel you need to move farther please contact Abco so we can discuss adjustments.
    217-762-2141
    800-253-6135

ask for Karen

fapbar
    Participant

Can anybody explaun me how i can decrease stroke off(it flies out)?
    Stroke length, witch i can edit by air control box is not enough.
    Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Trouble Shooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.