Skip to main content

Home Forums New Users Longer tubing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pegasus_St@llion5
    Participant

One thing I found is the 4 ft. lengths of the 2 hoses provided are a bit too short for reaching me easily. Have to put the box on a chair by the bed, kind of awkward. I forgot to add longer hoses to my caps & liners order today and they already shipped them out. I want to increase them to 7 ft lengths.

Instead of paying another $11 shipping charge to get them here, I’m trying to find the correct size/type online. Tried several home centers and hardware stores, but no luck. However I came up with these by the foot on eBay:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/3-8-I-D-x-1-16-w-x-1-2-O-D-by-the-foot-LATEX-SURGICAL-RUBBER-TUBING-BLACK-/221570297248

https://m.ebay.com/itm/10-Continuous-Feet-3-16-ID-5-16-OD-Latex-Rubber-Tubing-Black-1-16-wall-Surgical-/200681803570

Would this be soft and flexible to let the receiver move freely? I think Abco is using a latex tubing similar to this.

Otherwise, what online sources have you guys found to extend your hose reach that are soft and pliable?

Scott Cruickshank
    Participant

You can use the clear silicone stuff you find at home Depot and Lowes. That’s what I use. You just use a long run of it so there’s lots of slack. Slack is the key. If you have the hose stretched out as far as it’ll go, you’ll get reduced action no matter how flexible it is. When you have an extra coil of hose lying beside you, you’ll have no problem no matter how stiff it is, to within reason of course.

And it’s cheap, like 3 bucks for 10 feet. Try that first before you put yourself to so much trouble.

Scott Cruickshank
    Participant

It’s probably more a matter of pressure mart. When you add hose you increase the total volume inside the closed system. Then it takes more volume of air in and out each stroke to generate the same pressures you had with the shorter hoses. It would be the same thing as going to a larger length and diameter receiver.

You could probably remedy that by switching the push rod position on the fly wheel, as if you were setting the machine to accept a larger receiver. Probably the next hole up, maybe 2. But once you had it set, you’d always have to use that longer hose. If you took it off, you’d be pushing too much air instead of not enough. Pop off city.

You can probably add maybe 2 or three feet and not notice much of a difference, but a 10 foot section, you’d need to adjust the machine for that.

Scott Cruickshank
    Participant

Just curious. Did you heat it up and shove something into it to stretch the wall out? Or did you somehow add a piece?

Pegasus_St@llion5
    Participant

I went ahead and got the 2 hoses off ebay, 7 ft lengths, not too much of an expense. Surgical black latex tubing which shouldn’t restrict movement. My next addition to my kit I think will be one of the entry seal cones to get a better seal around the base. Looking at the Handsome Up pump seals, and have seen some of the silicone rings for pumps which look like they’d be comfortable and perform well. I saw one which looks like it has a “beak” but has poor reviews saying it only lasts a few times and splits. Also doesn’t look very comfy either. Have you guys tried any of these?

Scott Cruickshank
    Participant

Not really sure what you’d be using that seal for Peg. One thing you have to keep in mind is that it can’t be too tight or you’ll lose action.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Longer tubing’ is closed to new replies.