Skip to main content

Home Forums Advanced Users A method for making textured liner

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Scott Cruickshank
    Participant

Recently I ordered a variety of liner sizes for experiments. This is one I tried. I realize this probably isn’t the easiest way to go about it but it does work. You find yourself a hole punch. One of those ones that looks like a pair of pliers for punching holes in paper will likely work thoug I used a hammer and hollow tube punch. Punch your regular sized liner with rows of holes. The holes are the texture. To assemble you’ll need a piece of liner 2 sizes bigger than the one you normally use. I used 2.50 for the outside liner and a somewhat stretched out 2.25 liner for the textured inner liner. Rig the bigger liner into the receiver first. Then put the textured liner inside that with no twists on either one. 2.50 and .25 sit very tight against each other when rigged. It’s a very good fit. I can’t guarantee other size combinations, but I suspect a .25 difference between the two should work. Hook it up and use it like you normally would.

The action is a little more subdued. I don’t seem to get quite the range of stroke I did with just a smooth liner, but the action is still pretty good. The pleasantly rough texture makes up for it as far as I’m concerned. Probably the loser the fit the better the combination of action and stimulation you’ll get. I went with no restrictor and no twists, though you might still be able to use them. That’s something you have to fool with for yourself.

It is a little expensive and as always I give no guarantee it will work for you, but I like it. It has so far worked pretty good for me with a light lube which I suspect you will probably need to get the most action out of this rig. I’ve included a picture so you can get an idea of how to go about it. In the photo the 2.50 liner is already in. The hole punched 2.25 goes inside that.

textured liner

Scott Cruickshank
    Participant

PTDC0036

Scott Cruickshank
    Participant

A few additional notes. Though I don’t know this for sure, I highly suspect that small holes and fewer of them will get you the best action. I limited mine to three rows, which create 4 sides to the liner, 2 rough and two smooth, facing each other. I suspect if you go too overboard with the holes you might not get any action at all. The fewer the better. Probably fewer than what even I have in the picture would be best. And I have no doubt smaller holes than I made wouldn’t hurt too. That’s just an educated guess on my part, but one that makes sense. You want some friction, but not so much the machine stops working. Space your holes so you can add more later if you think you can. That would be my recommendation.

You might even be able to use a small diameter plastic bag as the outer liner. I have the feeling it will increase the action. 2 liners is quite a bit stiffer than one. A little stretch to the rubber I’m sure helps it glider easier. That’s something I’ll probably try soon, but no matter what, you need the outside liner, so liquids don’t get inside the air system, which might result in costly repairs. Don’t try to run with just the hole punched liner.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Advanced Users’ is closed to new topics and replies.